One of our projects this year was to complete a minor tenant improvement for one of our financial clients. The work included wallcovering removal, putty coat & painting of walls, electrical, data, millwork refinish, counter tops, and new flooring. We demoed the old wood flooring in the corner office of the suite, prepared the subfloor for the new flooring and installed a new wood floor. Just another weekend for SDFS Construction!
SDFS received the opportunity to install new flooring in a well used hallway for one of our client’s properties. The hallway had previously flooded and all the carpet was removed during the flood remediation. Our client wanted something more durable and that would perform well since the area got a lot of traffic and a lot of stains. The hallway was just outside a large meeting room with adjacent kitchen used for community meetings and gatherings. The answer was to go with a nice tile that would go well with the adjacent carpet throughout the adjoining rooms. Over one weekend we prepped the subfloor, applied a roll on antifracture membrane product and installed the new tile that we helped specify for the client. We even included a new pedimat for wiping wet feet at the door. A once bland hallway full of stains now had a lot more style that will last for quite some time.
SDFS got the opportunity to replace a much needed floor in the break room for one of our client’s properties. We demoed the old VCT flooring and prepped the wooden sub floor. We installed new wood sheeting over the existing wood subfloor to allow us to have a smooth finish to apply our new flooring to. Once the sheeting was in place we installed the new flooring that our client specified and reinstalled the furnishings we previously removed. In one Saturday SDFS added a little zing to a much needed break room!
SDFS received the opportunity to update an outdated teller line that had seen better days. A long time client of ours was looking for better function and a new look while not necessarily the cost of replacing the whole teller line with new. This meant we were to keep the front façade of the teller line while installing all new laminate millwork cabinets, counter tops, and walls & gates. We temporarily supported the front of the teller line while we demoed the rear millwork, counter tops & laminate walls & gates. Once that was cleared away we began fabricating and installing all the new pieces to tie in with the existing front portion of the teller line that was salvaged. With the new millwork and counter tops complete we finished the project by installing new durable luxury vinyl tile specified by the project design team that would hold up well to the busy traffic of the teller line. We completed the install of a new teller line over a three day weekend so the bank was operational for business the next day. Just another weekend project for SDFS!